Learn from this step-by-step guide on what is TMDb Helper addon, and how to install working TMDb Helper addon on Kodi in 2021. Furthermore, the TMDb Helper integration with Trakt.tv account is much easier, thanks to the addon update, I’ll demonstrate that as well.
TMDb Helper (TheMovieDb Helper), developed by jurialmunkey, is a video addon from official Kodi repository. TMDB Helper provides details about movies TV shows and actors from TMDb and a variety of featured lists for users to browse popular movies and TV shows.
TheMovieDb Helper is basically the features combination of OpenMeta and OpenInfo, powered by ExterndedInfo Script, a means of displaying online content inside skins as well as a complete MovieDB browser including info dialogs for various media types.
Unlike most popular Kodi addons that provide evident pirating content, by default, movies and TV shows on TMDb Helper are only available for free in the form of trailers, or can only be watched with a premium Netflix or YouTube account. For security concerns, you only recommend users install TMDb Helper addon from the official source, which is official Kodi addon repository. Also, as long as you install TMDb Helper from the official Kodi repo, it is always completely safe and legal to watch any content on it.
TMDb Helper can also help to provide information and media (we'll get to that in a bit) from external sources. By using account API key, you can acquire database from OMDb and Fanart.tv as well. Moreover, a late update has added TMDb Helper with the support of Trakt.tv, allowing users to browse movie/tvshow info from the personalized Trakt lists on Kodi. That can be easily down with conventional Trakt token authentication from addon’s settings menu.
WonderFox DVD Video Converter is a top-rated and well-received DVD ripper & video converter program that can fast convert your entire movie library to lightweight digital files, and it'll touch up your media collection for best viewing enjoyment. Hit the product name to learn more.
· Since Kodi prohibits the installation of third-party addon/repos by default for security issues, we need to set Kodi to allow installation from unknown sources to go on.
Step 1. Launch Kodi, from the main menu, click Add-ons from the left panel.
Step 2. Click on the box icon from upper side of the left panel.
Step 3. Click on Install from repository.
Step 4. Select Kodi Add-on repository.
Step 5. Click Video add-ons.
Step 6. Locate and select TheMovieDb Helper.
Step 7. Click Install from the lower-right side.
Step 8. Click OK to install dependencies. Try installing the required dependencies respectively, if you encounter failed to install a dependency.
Step 9. Wait until you can see a message saying TheMovieDb Helper Add-on installed.
Trakt.tv is a popular service that scrobbles audiences’ behaviors to offer personalized watchlists. The later versions of TMDb Helper addon has added with the support for simple Trakt playlists integration. In the following, I’ll show you how to integrate Trakt collection library with TMDb Helper to browse your Trakt playlists with TMDb Helper.
Step 1. Launch Kodi, go to Add-ons from the left panel.
Step 2. Locate TMDb Helper from Video Add-ons and right-click on it, then click Settings.
Step 3. Go to Accounts tab, and click Authenticate Trakt account… from the right side.
Step 4. Go to
https://trakt.tv/activate with your web browser, login with your Trakt account, and authenticate with the give code.
Step 5. The Trakt authentication is completed if you make it there.
As mentioned, TMDb Helper only supports playing movies and TV shows with Netflix or YouTube by default, which requires a subscription account for sure and does not sound too sweet in Kodi world. That is a major deficiency that needs to be fixed!
Fortunately, later version of TMDb Helper addon supports the integration with external addons that are already installed on your Kodi. These addons and can serve as a great TMDb Helper movies & TV shows player delivering excellent media stream while users taking advantage of the TMDb Helper browsing functionality.
Gap’s filled! And here’s how.
Step 1. Go to TMDb Helper Settings menu. Go to Players tab and click Update players from URL.
Step 2. Enter URL exactly
Step 3. Click Yes to download TMDb Helper players. Select Yes when asked to clear existing players
• TMDb Helper No Stream Available/Streaming Buffering/Stream Pending after Loading but Won’t Play
The causes of no stream available and other streaming failed issue vary, most effective solutions include:
1. Use the option in your device settings or maintenance addons to clear Kodi cache.
3. Go to addon settings and switch Auto Play feature to Source Select.
4. Stop using VPN with debrid services.
5. Use a proxy to bypass ISPs blocking.
• TMDb Helper Fails to Start/Launch
That could be the addon stopped working, we'll put up an announcement from the top of the page, in that case, stay tuned to our updates. In addition, working addons will also fail to launch, try the following methods to sort that.
1. Make sure the server and port number in your Kodi Internet access match the ones of your network. Check that especially if you're using a VPN. Learn more: Kodi Proxy Settings
2. Try clearing Kodi app cache in your device settings or with maintenance tools like Open Wizard, reboot Kodi, and launch the addon again.
• TMDb Helper Error Check the Log for More Information
First try clearing Kodi app cache from your device settings, reboot Kodi, and try the previous behavior again and see if this issue still occurs. If so, learn how to check log file on Kodi and draw support from someone who can read it. Please note that don’t seek assistance for third-party addons from official Kodi support channels.
• TMDb Helper Links Fails to Play Requiring Stream Authorization
If you’re asked to authorize stream when trying to play a link, you can either:
1. Use a static IP address to pair with the hoster site.
2. Use a debrid service with Kodi and disable free hosters in addon settings.
Learn more: Stream Authorizations on Kodi – Is it Safe? Several Ways to Deal with Them
• TMDb Helper The Dependencies Could Not be Satisfied
This issue results from python code discrepancy of addon’s dependencies. In that case, you should use a compatible version of Kodi for the addon. As always, we only advise the use of the latest stable release version of Kodi and the latest version of continually-updated addons.
Apart from the usual categorization lists, many of the best Kodi addons in 2021 support playlists from various database websites including IMDB, OMDb, TMDb, etc. They can be effortlessly integrated with Kodi with your account API key, have a try on your own and enjoy your customized list for handy browsing!
WonderFox DVD Video Converter
• Fast rip protected DVDs in small file size with original quality preserved
• Convert videos to 500+ formats and devices for any-device playback
• Fast download high-quality videos from YouTube and 300+ websites
• Fast compress videos & DVD movies with no quality loss
• Automatically enhance video quality, upscale SD videos to HD