I'm pretty sure you've seen such-and-such questions like "Do Canadian DVDs work in the US?", "Can I play Canada DVDs in UK?", "How to play region 2 DVD in Canada?", etc. on Q & A platforms or social media. Everything will be settled after you walk through this post, I promise.
And it's all thanks to this awesome Canada DVD region code remover. Download it and get ready: https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/download/dvd-ripper.exehttps://www.videoconverterfactory.com/download/dvd-ripper.exe
1. Canada DVD Region: DVD regions are typically assigned as 0 - 8 regions to prevents you from playing commercially-produced Canada DVD movies in other countries. So what DVD region is Canada? Fortunately, the Canada DVD is flagged as the same as USA DVD region - Region 1.
3. Canada DVD Copy-Protection: Region-code, Region-code enhanced (a.k.a. RCE or REA), Content Scramble System (CSS), and other advanced protection imposed by some movie studios, which work together to make copyright infringement difficult for protecting the intellectual property rights of the content owner.
Rather than spending much of time hacking your DVD Player to region 1 for Canada DVDs playback, a sure-fire way is to digitize physical DVD discs to video files for hassle-free playback on any device. If so, the Canada DVD region restriction is virtually non-existence.
WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro is a powerful DVD to digital application that offers a one-stop solution to decrypting all kinds of DVD copy protection like region code, RCE, CSS, CPRM, Disney X-Project DRM, etc., choosing main movie titles, and converting to MP4, MKV, AVI and 300+ predefined presets.
Insert one Canada region-coded DVD disc to the internal/external DVD-ROM Drive.
Run WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro, click "DVD Disc" button on the cool black interface, select your DVD drive letter, then click OK. Incidentally, you're also allowed to import DVD ISO image or VIDEO_TS folder.
You'll be amazed that the smart DVD ripper will intelligently select all of the right titles for either DVD movie or TV series DVD that contains multiple episodes. Press the big Format Profile on the right side to choose "MP4" or "MKV" under "Video" category for better compatibility. Actually, you're allowed to select any format or device profile from 300+ presets.
Choose an output folder on the bottom. Lastly, click "Run" button to convert Canada region-coded DVD to a digital video file with hardware acceleration enabled. After done, you're able to enjoy movies on any device anytime and anywhere.
Disclaimer: WonderFox doesn't advocate any copyright infringement, all information provided in this article is presented to make digital copies of personal DVDs for fair-use only. Figure out if it is legal to rip a DVD in your country beforehand.
Now, let's go back to the frequently-asked questions:
1. Do Canadian DVDs Work in the US?
Sure. Both Canada and US share the same DVD region, DVD standard, analog television format and DVD copy-protection.
2. Can I play Canada DVDs in UK?
Yes and no. Despite a fact UK is in DVD region 2, it's still possible only if you have a region-free PAL/NTSC DVD player connected to a modern TV. However, if the Canada DVD is protected by Region-code enhanced (RCE) DRM, it won't work even if the disc was played in a region-free player.
Hopefully, this post is of some help to play your Canada DVDs. If this guide really works for you, don't forget to share it through your social media platforms. Cheers!
WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro
1. Entry-level video editing tools for green hands.
2. Convert video/music to 500+ predefined presets.
3. Download video/music from 1000+ hot websites.
4. Record live streams, gameplay, webinar, webcam.
5. Create animated GIF from video or separate images.
6. Make unique ringtones, extract subtitles, and MORE...