Updated on May 27, 2021
Facing video transcoding problems when using Freemake and can’t find the related solutions to fix them? Don’t worry. This review will recommend you top 5 cost-free Freemake alternatives to help you deal with online and offline video conversions. Read and take the preferred one.
Speaking of audio/video format converters, Freemake Video Converter might be on the recommended list. As a multi-functional “Free” media transcoder, Freemake supports to convert audio, video, image, DVD to another format handily. You have noticed that I have put the quotation mark on the “Free” for Freemake Video Converter. Why? Although it claims to be a freeware, Freemake has switched to freemium monetization model now, which means you can see the ads during the conversion and some functions become paid services. Users are complaining Freemake video converter slow conversion process results from the restricted transcoding speed. Furthermore, there are watermarks on the output files. To get faster converting speed or remove the watermark, you have to purchase the additional packs and this is not that user-friendly.
By the way, some of you are questioning is Freemake Video Converter safe since there is Freemake Video Converter virus warning from the antivirus software during the installation. And the installation pack is associated with media files and may mislead to install irrelevant tools. It’s true that Freemake can do basic video transcoding yet some of you are suffering Freemake video converter crashes out of blue during the conversion process. Now that there are quite a few problems on Freemake, why not try other remarkable Freemake alternatives to avoid them.
Free HD Video Converter Factory has been deemed as the best alternative to Freemake Video Converter since it’s a versatile program which can deal with video/audio conversion, downloading, editing in one convenient free package. It’s fast, free and safe; you can master this software within seconds.
Platform: Windows 10/8.1/8/7...
Why Do People Prefer Using Free HD Video Converter Factory:
1. Simple yet fast. A three-step conversion process and operates at a lightning-fast speed.
2. Safe and 100% free. No adware, malware or embedded plugins.
3. Download online video and audio files from YouTube, Mixcloud, Bandcamp and other 300+ sites.
4. The built-in basic video editing function: clip, crop, merge, rotate, flip, etc.
5. Providing with optimal output format and device profiles.
6. No watermark on the output files.
7. Update regularly and new digital formats and device models are added timely.
This program just has the English version.
Get more useful details on the official page: https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/free-hd-video-converter/
HandBrake is a splendid Freemake Video Converter alternative which can carry out video format transcoding process at a sharp speed. By the way, you can take it to change video encoder, adjust frame rate and bitrate, etc.
Platform: Windows; Mac; Linux
Why Do People Prefer Using HandBrake:
1. Free and open-source video transcoder.
2. Cross-platform supported, suitable for users who work on multiple platforms.
3. Excellent output preset, which supports you to convert videos to Apple devices, Game console, Android devices, etc.
4. Empower you to compress video size and add subtitle to videos.
5. No watermark on the transcoded videos.
1. Can only output video to MKV and MP4 format. It’s not possible to take HandBrake convert video to AVI and other digital formats with the latest version(HandBrake 1.0.7).
2. The interface is not that friendly, and sometimes HandBrake output files are out of sync.
3. Not able to convert online videos and extract audio tracks from the video files.
Get more useful details on the official page: https://handbrake.fr/ or check this HandBrake tutorial.
As one of the superb Freemake Alternatives, Format Factory is a free and multifunctional file conversion tool. It prides itself on being able to change video, audio and image formats effortlessly.
Why Do People Prefer Using Format Factory:
1. Output videos to MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, etc and change audios to other formats like MP3, M4A and more.
2. Decrease video file size to free up your disk and device memory.
3. Repair damaged MP4 and other video or audio files.
4. There’s the batch video conversion mode.
5. Able to convert almost any video format to GIF.
6. Multi-language supported.
1. Can’t take it to catch online videos and audio tracks.
2. You need to uncheck the unwanted plugins or software manually during installation.
To avoid these limits, you can take this Format Factory Alternative>>
Get more useful details on the official page: http://www.pcfreetime.com/formatfactory/index.php
Any Video Converter is one excellent video conversion program, unlike Freemake video converter freezes suddenly, this one functions fast with good output video quality. However, new users need to take a while to find the needed profile from the output format drop-down list.
Platform: Windows; Mac
Why Do People Prefer Using Any Video Converter:
1. Provides a great bunch of output formats and devices.
2. You can take it to convert local videos or online videos from 100+ sites.
3. Rip and extract audio from videos and CDs.
4. Batch conversion is supported as well.
5. Provides basic video editing functions.
6. No Freemake watermark problem.
1. There are embedded extra plugins or software in the installer. Remember to uncheck them during the installation.
2. Yes, there is a huge array of output formats while you need to cost some time to get the target one for the first use.
Get more useful details on the official page: http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/
Speaking of the alternative to Freemake video converter, Free Video Converter is worthy of mention. Although there are limited choices on output formats and resolution, it can meet your basic video conversion needs without complex operating steps.
Why Do People Prefer Using Free Video Converter:
1. It’s free and pretty easy to handle even for newbies.
2. User-friendly and self-explaining.
3. Batch conversion process is supported as well.
1. There are watermarks on the output files. To remove watermark, you have to buy the premium version.
2. Limited output format: MP4, iPhone & iPad, AVI, MPEG, and MP3; and can only convert video to 1080p in maximum.
Get more useful details on the official page: https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-video-converter.htm
This is the detailed review of the Freemake alternatives. I believe that the above programs like Freemake Video Converter can satisfy your needs in some degree and help you carry out video/audio conversion in an easier and simpler way. Feel free to share this tutorial with more people to assist them to get the right video conversion tool.
More Related Articles