How to post a video on Reddit? We’re here to help! Today, we’ll first learn what the recommended Reddit video upload settings are and then dive into how to upload a video to Reddit, whether on desktops or mobiles. Plus, you’ll also get some troubleshooting tips to solve uploading problems you might encounter. Read on for everything you need to know!
Uploading interesting videos to the corresponding Subreddits helps you reach and engage with more Redditors who share the same interests. However, Reddit is not designed as a video hosting platform and it supports limited formats only: MOV and MP4. Meanwhile, it restricts the video length and file size as well. The max video length is 15 minutes and the max file size is 1GB.
To get a hassle-free uploading result, make sure your video follows these requirements:
Video format: MOV, MP4
Video codec: H.264(AVC)
Audio codec: MP3, AAC
Maximum video length: 15 minutes
Maximum video file size: 1GB
WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro provides a variety of features to make your videos fully meet the Reddit upload specs. First, you can transcode any video to the Reddit-compatible formats and codecs. Then, you can use the built-in editing tools to trim the video length. Additionally, this tool enables you to compress videos to fit the size limit.
Now, download and install this one-stop application on your PC and follow the steps below to get your videos ready for uploading:
Step 1. Launch WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro and enter Converter.
Step 2. Click on Add Files or Add Video Folder to import your videos. Also, you can directly drag and drop them into the program.
Step 3. Open the right-side format library and go to the Video section. Then choose MP4 or MOV as the output format.
Step 4. Head to Parameter settings to change the video and audio codecs. MP4 encoded with H.264/AAC is recommended here for its great compatibility. Also, you can tweak other settings like resolution, fps, bitrate, etc., if needed. Hit OK to confirm the changes.
Step 5. To edit the video length, click the scissor Trim icon on the toolbar. In the Trimmer window, you can remove unnecessary parts or split a long video into clips for smooth uploading.
Step 6. If your video is too large and over the 1GB limitation, you can click the bottom Batch compression button to quickly reduce file size as you wish.
Step 7. Once your video meets the requirements for uploading to Reddit, click on the big Run button to export it.
After preparing your videos well for uploading, it’s time to share! Next, we will show you the detailed process of posting Reddit videos on a PC and phone. Check the steps below:
Don’t forget to read the Reddit content policies to figure out what you can and cannot do before creating a new post.
Step 1. Open the Reddit website in your web browser and log into your account.
Step 2. Then click the plus (+) icon that says Create Post at the top of the web page.
Step 3. Click on the Choose a community to expand the Subreddits list you have subscribed to. Select the one that you want to post videos to. You can also input the name to search for it.
Step 4. Then click on Image & Video > Upload to import a video from your local disk. If you want to share an online video from other platforms like YouTube, click on Link and paste the video URL into the box.
(* Note that some communities don’t allow posting videos. So, you’ll see a red circle with a line through it when clicking the Image & Video tab.)
Step 5. After importing, type a post title. You can also add a description, set a thumbnail, and add tags.
Step 6. At last, hit the Upload button to post your video.
Sharing videos on the Reddit mobile app is also easy. Here are the steps:
Step 1. Open Reddit on your phone. Both Android and iOS are supported.
Step 2. Log into your account and tap the + Create icon at the middle bottom of your screen.
Step 3. Enter the title of your post and add the text description.
Step 4. Then tap the video icon to load a video from your camera roll or library. Also, you can select the first Link option and paste the URL of the video to share an online video from other platforms.
Step 4. After selecting a video, tap the Add button. Again, whether you post a video on Reddit on a PC or mobile phone, the video should meet its upload requirements.
Step 5. Before posting, you can do a simple trimming, type a title, and add tags if needed. Then search the Subreddit community you want to post to.
Step 6. When everything is ready, tap Post to share your videos in the community.
▪ Go to the Subreddit where you want to upload a video.
▪ Click on the “Create Post” button.
▪ Click on the “Image & Video” tab.
▪ Hit the “Upload” button to import the video or directly drag it into the blank space.
▪ Add a title, description, and tags if needed.
▪ Finally, click the “Post” button.
Without downloading, you can directly share a YouTube video on Reddit via URL. Besides, by sharing a YouTube video link, you don’t need to worry about the format, video length, and size of the video.
▪ Locate the video you want to share on YouTube. Then copy its URL from the address bar.
▪ Head to the Subreddit where you want to share the YouTube video.
▪ Then click on the “Create Post” button.
▪ Click the “Link” tab and paste the copied link into the URL box.
▪ Next, add a title, description, and tags if needed.
▪ At last, click the “Post” button.
Uploading a video, be it an online video or a local video, to Reddit can be very easy with our instructions above. However, there are still times when the video fails to post on Reddit. Here’s a quick checklist we suggest you run through if you’re having upload issues.
▪ Check if the video format, codec, video length, and file size fit the Reddit upload requirements. If not, you can use WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro to quickly tweak the settings.
▪ Check if the Subreddit community is video-enabled. If not, you have to post the video to other communities.
▪ Check your internet connection. A weak and low internet connection often leads to upload failures. Switch to a stronger one or restart your router to fix it.
▪ Check if your video violates the Reddit content policies. If so, unfortunately, the video won’t be posted on Reddit. 1
Videos on Reddit are in silent mode by default. You can first check the speaker icon in the right corner of the video to see if it is muted. If not, perhaps the original video uploaded by the author has no sound.
By adhering to the Reddit video upload settings and following our detailed tutorial above, you can now share any video on Reddit flawlessly and make it shine to maximize engagement! Thanks for reading till the end. Have a nice day!
1. Convert all mainstream audio and video files;
2. Download movies and music from 1000+ websites;
3. Compress video while keeping high quality;
4. Record meetings, gameplay, streaming content…;
5. Trim, merge, crop, rotate, add special effects.
6. Batch processing and hardware acceleration;