To prevent the original content from being copied and pirated, content publishers usually use copy protection methods in their products, including movies, music, and programs. Cinavia is primarily designed for this aim, which functions as an audio watermark in DVDs and Blu-rays. Now all commercial Blu-ray players have the Cinavia watermarking detector that can recognize the unauthorized media content of the disc and interrupt the normal playback, such as playback stopped and audio muted.
PS4 certainly comes with the Cinavia detector. So if you try to play an unapproved copy of a disc movie or burned disc containing Cinavia-protected content, you will encounter the Cinavia PS4 error. And many people have claimed that they meet this error even when playing movies purchased from official sources.
Next, I’ll show you how to solve this issue with different methods. Keep reading.
Instead of circumventing the Cinavia protection, a Cinavia removal tool is for deleting it forever. In this way, you are able to play the source file smoothly. Kinds of programs for this task can be found on the Internet. Just submit a related query in Google Chrome, soon you will get a wide selection of results. Meanwhile, we have done this for you. Here is a good option for DVD Cinavia removal, WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro. It has strong abilities to removing DVD copy protection, including but not limited to Cinavia.
Insert the DVD disc into your computer. Start WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro and click "DVD Disc". Then, select the drive letter of the disc you inserted into just now and click "OK". It will take seconds to load the source.
Click the format icon on the right side of the interface, then go to the "Sony" tab and select "PS4".
Click the three-dot icon on the bottom of the software to specify the output path. Finally, click "Run". It won’t take much time to complete the process.
In terms of the PS4 Cinavia playback error, people usually meet the Cinavia Message Code 1 and Message Code 3.
1. To deal with the Cinavia Message Code 1 error, simply skipping over the sections of the video that include the Cinavia protected content (e.g. professionally produced content) can work it out. Yet this trick is only practical for home-made discs.
2. When running into the Cinavia Message Code 3 on the screen, try to switch the audio language to another country if the movie has multiple-language audio tracks. After that, just play the movie in that language and the Cinavia message should disappear after a while, and then you can change the audio language back. This fix can help you bypass Cinavia protection temporarily, for around 10 minutes. When the Cinavia error pops up, reset the audio language again.
3. As the official recommendation, here is another solution to bypass Cinavia message code 3: Pause the currently playing video for 30 seconds, then jump over the sections in which the error occurs or alternatively play a different disc video on your PS4 for at least 10 minutes and insert and play the desired video again.
These three methods are proved to be effective many times. However, you may need to carry out the actions several times to finish watching a movie since the Cinavia PS4 error would occur from time to time during the playback. If you want to watch DVDs and Blu-rays on PS4 without interruption, the best solution is to use a Cinavia removal tool mentioned in part 2.
PS4 has the Cinavia watermarking detection support so when people play discs that are not from the genuine source, the Cinavia protection takes effect and blocks one from playing the content normally. Despite that some tricks of resolving the Cinavia PS4 issue are circulated on the Internet, the really workable ones are only a few. The Cinavia protection remover WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro is well-tested and should be beneficial in most case. Free download it now!
WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro
1. Convert video to 500+ formats and devices.
2. Save videos from YouTube and other 1000+ sites.
3. Record any screen activity on PC in high quality.
4. Compress large video-audio files into smaller sizes.
5. Make GIFs, extract subtitles, cut/crop/rotate videos.