The latest update in September 2020 has made some major changes to Venom addon. Major features are added or removed, resulting in various Venom not working issues. If you're also suffering Venom not working issue from the update, don't worry, I'll step-by-step show you how to sort that issue.
Sadly Venom addon is going offline in March 2021. Venom movie sections will continue to work but the TV sections will not here you can read messages from Venom dev.
Venom has now replaced its Open Scraper module with a new scraper package called Fenom Scraper module which doesn't include any free hosters anymore. That means if you haven't got a debrid service like Real-Debrid or Premiumize, there will no longer be any available stream for you on Venom, at all.
It's obvious that the developer team is trying to make the most popular Exodus fork into one more debrid-only addon, but they're undoubtedly pushing free users to the brink. And the worst thing is, as of this writing, the latest Venom version is buggy and is fairly unfriendly with not only free users but also debrid users.
Some changes made even caused trouble for debrid users, and the newly added My Accounts module is unstable, it can't save users' credentials and causes account can't authorize issues.
Our advice is, for users wondering whether to update Venom to 4.2.2, stick to the previous versions which work great for most users, and wait for further information. For those whose Venom addon has automatically updated, you can follow our guide in the following to make your Venom back to working.
WonderFox DVD Video Converter is a top-rated and well-received DVD ripper & video converter program that can fast convert your entire movie library to lightweight digital files, and it'll touch up your media collection for best viewing enjoyment. Hit the product name to learn more.
It's worth mentioning that, every installed Kodi addons have auto-update feature enabled by default, for example, your installed Venom addon will automatically and statically update itself to available higher versions in your installed Kodi repositories, like Venom Repo and Exodus Redux repo. The convenience of auto-update feature comes at a price, like the Venom not working trouble we're seeing today.
We advise users disable auto-update feature for every installed addons and manually update addons when needed to.
And in the following guide, I'll show you how to downgrade Venom to a working former versions and disable Venom auto-update feature to stop it from automatically updating.
Version 4.1.5 is the latest Venom version with free hosters. To use free links on Venom once more, downgrading Venom to 4.1.5 is a solid move, and here's how to do so.
1. Launch Kodi, go to Add-ons > box icon > Install from repository, then right-click (C on keyboard or long press select button on remote) on Venom repository to open its context menu, click Information, and then click Uninstall from the lower right side.
2. Go to Kodi File Manager to remove Venom repository source, if there's any.
3. Go to Add-ons > Video add-ons. Open Venom, go to Tools > Cache Functions > Clear All Cache.
4. Get back to Kodi Video add-ons section, highlight Venom addon and right-click on it to open its context menu, then click Information.
5. From the Information panel, click Uninstall from the lower right side, click Yes when asked would you also like to remove all related data.
6. Click here to directly download Venom 4.1.5 ZIP file and then sideload it to your Kodi device. Or use a downloader app on your Kodi device and go to the developer 123Venom Github page to download Venom 4.1.5 ZIP file.
7. Get back to Kodi, go to Add-ons > Click the box icon from the upper-left side > Click Install from zip file and Install.
8. Go to Add-ons > Video addons. Highlight Venom addon and right-click (C on keyboard or long press select button on remote) on it to open its context menu, then click Information.
9. Disable Auto-update feature.
10. From the Information panel, click Configure to enter Venom settings menu.
For Trakt users, go to Trakt tab to reauthorize your Trakt.tv account.
Most Venom issues should be completely sorted with the given method. If problems still occur, the last resort could be clearing cached data of Kodi app in your device's settings menu and crisp reinstall a former version of Venom, but that'll wipe out your other Kodi addons' data.
Also, we've seen users complaining that Venom can't find any links whatsoever after the downgrading. If you've followed our downgrading procedure above and still find Venom still not working, don't forget you can always turn to other addons.
These in the following are best working addons in 2021 that still can still scrape from free hosters to provide free links. Additionally, if you want to learn about more streaming solutions on Kodi in 2021, check out our best free Kodi addons in 2021 and best Kodi addons in 2021 list.
The Crew: The Crew is a brand new Exodus fork with plentiful niche categories. It has wide support for Trakt.tv, Swift Streamz and multiple torrent providers & debrid providers.
Tempest: Tempest addon provides a one-stop solution to plenty of movies, TV shows and episodes - on-demand, one-click or live.
Scrubs V2: Scrubs V2 is the new version of former Scrubs addon, another Exodus fork. Aside from movies & TV shows, Scrubs V2 offers Sky Channels and IMDB & TMDB lists as well.
WonderFox DVD Video Converter
• Fast rip protected DVDs in small file size with original quality preserved
• Convert videos to 500+ formats and devices for any-device playback
• Fast download high-quality videos from YouTube and 300+ websites
• Fast compress videos & DVD movies with no quality loss
• Automatically enhance video quality, upscale SD videos to HD