In this post, we will show you three handy ways to convert mono to stereo. Please read on to know more!
Before converting mono to stereo, we have to accept that we cannot make a true stereo effect out of the mono audio, at least not now. What we created from the mono audio is a dual-mono, or pseudo-stereo, meaning that the sound coming out from the two audio channels is the same, and there is no immersion feel like that in the stereo sound. But changing mono to stereo is still useful because some uploading platforms do not accept mono audio. And if you are using a mono device, the mono audio will only come out in the left earbud, which is uncomfortable. It is hence necessary to make mono audio stereo to avoid such annoyance.
We’ve previously covered how to convert Stereo to Mono, and here, we will continue to show you how to convert mono to stereo in three simple methods. All are free and easy to handle. Let’s get started!
The first method is to convert mono to the stereo with a free desktop converter called WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory. It is not just an ideal mono-to-stereo converter. In fact, it is a two-in-one video/audio converter and downloader. Using this software to turn mono into stereo requires no skill from a user, and the conversion is only one click away. Follow the below steps to turn mono into stereo with this free audio converter:
Launch WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory and open the Converter. Click “+ Add Files” to import the mono audio into the converter. Or you can drag and drop the file into this program directly.
On the right side of the workspace, click on the format image to select an output audio format. It is suggested you choose the same audio format as the original one.
Under the format image, click Parameter settings and navigate to Audio settings. Hit the Channels box and select “2 Channels Stereo”. Then click “OK.” When all is ready, hit “Run” to start conversion. And your stereo audio will be ready in seconds.
The second way to change mono to stereo is through Audacity, an open-source, cross-platform digital audio editor that is best suited for a person with some knowledge about audio editing and recording stuff. Follow the instruction below to make mono into stereo with this program:
1. Visit the official site https://www.audacityteam.org/download/ and install the latest Audacity to your PC.
2. Run Audacity and click “File” > “Open...” ( Ctrl + O) to import the mono audio into the program. You can drop the file into the workspace as well.
3. On the bottom-left corner of the mono waveform, click “Select.” Then go to the top menu “Edit” > “Duplicate” (Ctrl + D) to make a copy of the audio. Now you have two mono tracks.
4. Go to the upper audio track and click the inverted triangle to open the menu. Then select “Make Stereo Track.” Now you have a stereo-pair in which the upper track is the left channel and the lower track is the right channel.
5. Select the stereo track and go to “Effect” > “Normalize...”, and keep the peak amplitude to -1.0 dB. Then hit “OK”.
6. Go to “File” > “Export” to save the stereo file to your device.
The last approach to change mono audio to stereo is via an online converter named Online Audio Converter. It needs no installation and is easy to use. Here’s the simple tutorial:
1. Visit Online Audio Converter and click Open Files to upload your mono audio file.
2. While the file is still uploading, you can click the “Advanced settings” and change channels to “2”.
3. When the Convert button turned blue, click on it and start the conversion. Wait a few seconds till the conversion is complete. Then click Download the save the file into your local drive.
Among the three methods, we would recommend using WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory to convert mono audio to stereo for the following reasons:
As you can see from the above tutorials, Audacity has the most complicated steps. And its interface is cluttered with many terminologies that would give most new beginners a head spin. So if you are just a freshman, you’d better not use this tool yet.
The Online Audio Converter, on the other hand, is easy to handle. But it has fewer features than the desktop one, such as the inability to batch convert files. Besides that, safety risk exists since you have to upload your file onto their platform.
While Audacity is too complicated and the Online Audio Converter is too simple (and maybe a little dangerous), WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory is just right. It has a self-explanatory interface that is friendly to all newbies and skilled persons. And it has more than enough features to get your audio converted to any way you like. What’s more, it gets thoroughly detected with beyond 70 certified security software, and it is totally safe and clean. So we think WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory is the best application to do the task.
That’s all for how to convert mono to stereo. Now, download and use the best tool to do the conversion yourself. Thanks for reading!