If you want a simple, fast way to turn a video 90 degrees or 180 degrees, you can try WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory. It is a feature-rich program on Windows that can convert and edit video/audio files.
As a video rotator, it can rotate videos 90 degrees or turn video 180 degrees permanently. You can also use it to easily flip videos, mirror recorded footage, rotate GoPro videos 90 degrees, and more. Other editing features like cut, crop, text, filter, and merge are also available completely for free. It supports all videos and edits videos in high quality.
Launch WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory on your Windows and enter the Converter module. Next, click Add Files or drag your video file into the program.
Tips. At the bottom of the interface, you can click on the ▼ button to set an output folder in advance.
In the video toolbar, click on the Rotate button to open the rotator. Then, rotate your video with the four modes. And as you rotate the video, you can preview the effect in the right window. When you have your wanted result, click OK to save the changes.
Now, go to the right-side output format section. Click to open the output format list page and head to the Video category. From the options below, select your preferred output format. If you want to change the output settings like codec, bitrate, resolution, etc., you can open the Parameter settings and configure the available options.
Finally, hit the RUN button to start the process. You can view the rotated video in the output folder you just set.
VLC is a popular open-source media player that plays all kinds of videos and audio. At the same time, it is also a good video editor that can help you rotate videos 90 degrees, 180 degrees. Though rotating video in VLC is not as direct as in the previous video rotator, you will get your video adjusted perfectly. Here is the tutorial on how to rotate video 90 degrees in VLC:
1. Open and play your video in VLC.
2. On the top menu bar, click Tools > Effects and Filters (hotkeys “Ctrl + E”).
3. Go to the Video Effects and switch the tab to Geometry.
4. Check the Rotate box and adjust the angle to rotate the video to your wanted position. You can view the real-time effect as you do it. Alternatively, you can select the Transform check box and use the preset options from the drop-down menu if you want basic rotation.
5. Click Close and enjoy the video in the correct orientation.
Note. This rotation isn’t permanent. If you want to save the rotated video, say, rotate video 90 degrees and save, you have extra work to do. Read How to Save a Rotated Video in VLC for more info.
Apart from viewing and organizing photos, the Video Editor that bundles with the Photos app can also take care of your videos. With it, you can easily rotate a video 90 degrees clockwise and counter-clockwise. Follow the instructions below to see how to rotate an MP4 video 90 degrees in the Video Editor.
Note. The Photos Video Editor supports MP4 videos.
1. Open the Photos app in your Windows 10.
2. On the upper right of the Photos window, click Video Editor to enter the video editor interface.
3. Click the New video project from the top left.
4. In the Project library, click Add to import the video you need to rotate.
5. Drag the video to the storyboard at the bottom. You see will the preview window on the right side of the interface.
6. Below the preview window, click the Rotate button (hotkeys “Ctrl + R”) to rotate the video 90 degrees, 180 degrees, and 270 degrees.
7. When the video looks right, click the upper-right Finish video button, select a quality, and export the final video.
Note: The Photos app isn't available in Windows 11 natively. But you can use the pre-installed Clipchamp in Windows 11 to rotate your videos 90 degrees to the left and right.
With online video editors, you can rotate videos not only on Windows but also on phones and tablets. Clideo is among the best online video editing tools to help you turn vertical video horizontal and vice versa, and it is very easy to use. Here is a simple guide on how to rotate a video by 90 degrees with Clideo.
Note. The max file size for upload is 500MB; there will be a watermark left on the video.
1. Visit https://clideo.com/rotate-video.
2. Click Choose file to upload your video onto the website. (Private videos are not suggested.)
3. After Clideo loaded your video, you will see two rotate buttons on the right side of the webpage. Click either rotate button to adjust the video to the right orientation.
Optional. At the bottom-left of the page, you can choose the output format.
4. Now, click the Export button to download the final video to your local drive.
That’s all the four excellent ways to rotate videos. I believe now you should know how to rotate video 90/180 degrees in Windows 10/11 or use an online tool to rotate video 90 degrees online. It is up to you to decide which method to use. I hope you find this article helpful. Thanks for reading!
WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro
WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro is a professional DVD ripping program that can easily rip any DVD, be it homemade or commercial, to all popular formats including MP4, MKV, MP3, WAV, H264, H265, Android, iPhone, etc. without a hitch. It also lets you edit and compress DVD videos at high efficiency. Download it to enjoy fast and trouble-free DVD ripping experience.