FFmpeg is a free and open-source project for converting, recording, and streaming multimedia files. It uses the command-line tool to process audio and video files. With the correct command line, FFmpeg will convert your video or audio from one format to another. It also supports batch mode to convert multiple files or the whole folder at one go.
Earlier posts have taught you how to convert WMV to MP4, MKV to MP4, and H264 to H265 with FFmpeg in earlier posts. This time, we’ll talk about FFmpeg MTS to MP4. Read on if you are interested.
* Hard to deal with the ffmpeg command line? There’s an easier solution shared in #Part 2. You can directly get the best free MTS/M2TS to MP4 converter here:
1. Download FFmpeg on your computer. Go to its official website and select the packages for your device. Click Windows > Windows builds from gyan.dev or by BtbN. Download the FFmpeg zip file and extract the executable files on your PC. Then, put ffmpeg.exe in the same directory as your .mts (AVCHD) files.
2. Type CMD in the address bar and press Enter to open the FFmpeg Command window.
3. Let FFmpeg convert MTS to MP4.
Put in the command line:
ffmpeg -i input.mts -c copy output.mp4
behind the cursor to convert a single .mts file to .mp4.
Note: “input” is the file name you will convert, while “output” is the export file’s name. Type in the file name by yourself.
For the batch process of FFmpeg MTS to MP4, put in this command line:
for %A in ("*.mts") do ffmpeg -i "%~A" -map 0:v -map 0:a -c copy -f mp4 -movflags +faststart "%~nA.mp4"
4. Check the converted .mp4 files. FFmpeg will complete the process soon and export the converted MP4 files to the same folder as the original MTS files. Then, you can watch or share the video at your will.
Hot Searches: Top 5 Batch Video Converters | HandBrake MTS to MP4
WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory is the best alternative to FFmpeg. Compared with the ffmpeg command line, this program offers an easier way to perform the conversion between various video/audio formats. It helps you finish the process in three steps: import a video, select a preset, and export. The process is easy to handle for everyone.
In addition, Free HD Video Converter Factory allows you to adjust the output video settings, such as resolution, bitrate, frame rate, crop video, merge videos, add subtitles, and more. It also enables you to download videos and music from 1000+ streaming sites in good quality.
Free downloadFree download and install the free video converter on your PC to get ready.
Start Free HD Video Converter Factory on your desktop. Select Converter and click Add Files to import your MTS file.
Tips. You can upgrade the software to HD Video Converter Factory Pro for batch conversion.
Open the output format menu by clicking the image on the right side of the interface. Navigate to the Video tab and select MP4 as the export profile.
Optionally, click Parameter settings beneath the format image to change the video codec, bitrate, frame rate, and other settings based on your needs.
Specify an output path or leave it as default. Finally, hit Run to convert MTS to MP4 FFmpeg alternative. A window will prompt you to check the converted .mp4 file once the process is done.
That’s all about the workflow of FFmpeg MTS to MP4 and its alternative. I’d recommend Free HD Video Converter Factory more, as it’s much simpler to operate than the FFmpeg command line. Anyway, I hope this article could be helpful to you. Thanks for reading!
FFmpeg WebM to MP4
Audacity MP4 to MP3
VLC Convert TS to MP4