Besides watching videos to get the best of the visual information, sometimes, we also wish to concentrate and listen to the audio. In that case, we can directly use a video to audio converter program to help us extract audio from wanted videos. In this guide, we’ll walk through how to convert MP4 to MP3 in Windows 10 with three simple and free tools. Just read and follow.
The following MP4 to MP3 converters are carefully picked from a wide range of options. They are all completely free and reliable and can get the job done in a breeze. All run on the Windows system perfectly.
WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory is a popular free video and audio converter that can convert MP4 video to MP3 audio easily and quickly. It has better output quality than most other counterparts, for it allows users to customize audio parameters (bitrate, sample rate, channel, and volume) before conversion. Also, with excellent format support, it can convert other media files effortlessly.
Open WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory on your PC and enter the Converter module. Next, click the Add Files button to import the MP4 files or other video files into the conversion list. You can also drop the needed files into the program directly.
Tips. Under the imported video file list, there is a trimmer feature (scissor icon) that enables you to clip only a part of the video for conversion.
Go to the right side of the program and click on the format image to open the output format list. 500+ profiles are provided here in categories. To find MP3, open the Audio section and select MP3 from the profiles below.
Tips. After choosing the output format, you can continue to adjust the audio parameters in the Parameter settings below. You are free to change audio bitrate, configure channels, increase/decrease volume, etc.
Now, hit the ▼ button to specify an output path or leave it as default. Finally, click the RUN button to extract MP3 from MP4 at once.
VLC, apart from being a universal media player, is also a nice free audio and video converter. It’s handy and functional and can handle MP4 to MP3 conversion without much hassle. Beyond that, it lets you edit audio parameters as well. There is no limit to using this tool, and you can even convert large MP4 to MP3 with no issue. Here is a simple tutorial on how to turn any MP4 into an MP3 with VLC.
Before start, download and install the latest version of VLC on your PC: https://www.videolan.org/
1. Open VLC. On the top menu bar, click Media > Convert/Save… (or press hotkeys “Ctrl + R”) to access the Media window.
2. Under the File tab, click the Add button to import the MP4 video you want to convert. Next, hit the bottom Convert/Save button to enter the Convert window.
3. In the Settings area, select Audio – MP3 from the drop-down profile list. To edit the selected profile, click the next wrench icon and modify the parameters there.
4. Now, click the Browse button below and choose an output folder for your file. Remember to rename your file with the .mp3 extension. Then click Save.
5. Finally, hit the Start button to change MP4 to MP3 immediately.
If you have a few small MP4 files for conversion, you can turn to an online video converter for help. There are quite a lot of decent online converters for convenient use. Below I will take my favorite Convertio and demonstrate how to change MP4 file to MP3 online with it.
Note. Convertio has capped the maximum file size for upload to 100 MB for free users.
1. Visit the Convertio official site at https://convertio.co/mp4-mp3/
2. Click the red Choose Files button to upload your MP4 to the site. You can also add files from Dropbox and Google Drive.
3. Double-check the output option and, if necessary, open the settings and adjust the parameters.
4. Now, click the big Convert button to transfer MP4 to MP3.
5. After the conversion is complete, hit the Download button to save the converted file to your local drive.
These are all the three free methods I want to share with you on how to convert MP4 to MP3 on Windows 10. Choose any method and you can get MP3 from MP4 easily and quickly without a problem. By the way, if you like Free HD Video Converter Factory, you can also try its Pro version which is available for more practical features worth exploring, including batch converting audio and videos, downloading unlimited movies and music, compressing large videos, etc. I hope you like this post. Thanks for reading.