The Au file format is a simple audio file format introduced by Sun Microsystems. The format was common on NeXT systems and on Web pages. Although the format now supports many audio encoding formats, it remains associated with the µ-law logarithmic encoding. This encoding was native to the SPARCstation 1 hardware, where SunOS exposed the encoding to application programs through the /dev/audio interface. This encoding and interface became a de facto standard for Unix sound. And So if we want to use a movie sound as an individual sound of our website, we must use a AU DVD Ripper to convert DVD to AU. And we need to know how to extract AU from DVD.
As a good AU DVD Ripper. It should have some features as follow:
1. Fast converting speed - Conversions should happen at a reasonable quick speed. It shouldn't take forever to rip DVD, but faster is not always better. Keep in mind that your system has a lot to do with the speed of conversion.
2. High Quality - The audio should be just the same as in original.
3. Easy to Use - It is true that the fewer the number of click, the easier the DVD Ripper is to use. One thing you should require of your software selection is an easy-to-access output folder. Even a perfect conversion is worthless if you can't find the converted file.
3. Features - It should offer many practical features. The most common feature is output dimensions. This feature allows you to determine the sound's effects. But since there are so many more possible features out there, don't be satisfied with mediocrity.
4. Support - Having multiple forms of help is important. But not all support is equal. Does the ripper offer in depth, can you receive friendly, effective service? Great help and support is essential.
Next, let's find out such software for converting DVD to AU and how to extract AU from DVD.
WonderFox DVD Ripper is the powerful and professional ripper software. It is the good solution which is also easy to use for ripping content of DVDs to a wide range of mainstream audio formats, such as AU, MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, WAV, MKA, M4A, OGG, AIFF, FLAC. The ripper software would also ensure the quality of output audios. Then let’s learn how to convert DVD to AU by using WonderFox DVD Ripper.
1. Download and run WonderFox DVD Ripper.
2. Load DVD.
3. Choose the part you want to rip.
4. Set your profile.
5. Select the output folder.
6. Click the 'Start' button, then wait the blue progress bar fill with the line.
In conclusion, the WonderFox DVD Ripper is really a good choice for us to rip/convert DVD to video. The DVD ripper runs well on Windows, so, we can easily convert DVD to PC, convert DVD to Hadr Drive, copy DVD to tablet, convert DVD to cell phone with it. Furthermore, the software also allow us to convert DVD to AVI, convert DVD MKV, convert DVD to WMV, convert DVD movies to MP4, rip DVD files to audio; and besides, convert DVD to iPad, rip DVD to file to iPhone, convert DVD to Nokia video type, convert DVD to BlackBerry video formats and convert DVD to Android devices are also available for us.