By the time the familiar, mainstream formats for our personal watching movies are MKV, AVI, rmvb, wmv, mp4, mpg, etc., and MKV is the one prevailing leadership of them for your best visual experience thanks to its features listed below:
1. Supporting the audio video coding standard of AVC and H264 with high definition quality.
2. Adopting VBR: different definition pointing at different complexity - fine definition for complex scene and lower definition for simple scene to come to the good clarity in a smaller size.
3. Embedded multi-track and multi-subtitle switching.
4. Supported by the current popular portable devices and TV.
For the copy protection issue, most DVDs are restricted by some encryption. Let me throw light on the problem by way of example. It is not available to directly rip one DVD content even watch it in US after purchasing the DVD in France. So if you have a wide range of collection of DVD, converting DVD to video is the priority you need to do for your watching on portable device besides DVD playback.
If we Google the keyword on the internet, tons of different results leap to the eyes. But among so many choices, which one is the best? How to select a good DVD ripper?
1. Decryption. Because of the copyright protection issue, we need the software with decryption function. Otherwise, the software is useless.
2. Input. The software must support to read/load any DVD, involving two kinds of DVDs. One is double layer DVD with capacity of 8.9G, and movie is in the majority. The other is single layer with capacity of 4.7G, mainly tutorial and drama serial.
3. Output. The software should allow users to convert DVD to all hot video files and hot devices. Of course it must help us convert DVD to MKV.
4. Easy to Use. The software should be easy to control even for a newer on. Then we don't have to waste too much time on learning the user guide.
5. Fast speed. We don’t want to wait for a long time for conversion at all, so speed is last but not the least.
Here is a highly recommended software can meet all requirements mentioned above, which is WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro. Note: It is no exaggeration to say that the speed of this program is almost twice the industry-wide average.
After downloading the WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro, you will notice the user-friendly interface of this DVD to MKV ripper. A guide of three main steps for us to charge the whole process: Load DVD > Set Output Format > Run. The details are as follows:
Step 1: Load DVD. Insert the DVD you want to convert to MKV format, and the main movie will be selected automatically by system so as to saving your time on testing which one contains the whole movie one by one.
Step 2: Set “Output Format”. There are multiple formats provided, including and obviously here you just select “MKV”.
Step 3: Click the “Run” button to start the conversion.
By finishing the whole process, we've just converted target DVD to MKV successfully. And we can enjoy and share the DVD videos freely.
WonderFox DVD Ripper - A professional dvd ripping tool, bypass encrypted DVD and region code, and convert DVD content to most video formats and handheld devices
WonderFox DVD Video Converter - all-in-one media solution includes DVD Backup, DVD Rip, Video and DVD Converter, Video Downloader, Video Editor/Player
HD Video Converter Factory Pro - equipped with advanced High-Definition (HD) video conversion technology. It can help users convert videos from Standard-Definition (SD) to High-Definition (HD) like HD MP4, HD MKV, HD AVI, HD MTS, HD TRP and also enables users to cut down the video size (convert HD videos to SD videos)
Video Converter Factory Pro - easy-to-use video conversion software inculdes 100+ formats and devices are supported
DVD to AVI: The easiest way to storage your DVD movie as AVI video.
DVD to MP4: Rip DVD to MP4 for your portable devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android devices, etc.
DVD to MPG: The fastest speed to backup your DVD, only 5 minutes.
DVD to FLV: Most of video fans want to know how to rip DVD to FLV when he or she attempts to share the favorite videos with their friends through online websites like Youtube.
DVD to SWF: Guide for converting DVD to SWF file.
DVD to MOV: Easy and convenient for users to solve how to convert DVD to MOV.
DVD to HD Video : Convert DVD to HD video is not a difficult thing anymore.
DVD to YouTube : Convert your DVD to YouTube compatible video format.
DVD to MP3: Extract movie audio from DVD to MP3 music.
DVD to FLAC: Get the lossless original soundtrack(OST) for DVD to FLAC.
MKV is a advanced video format...
Special Offer: WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro (Buy One Get One FREE)
Provides the best solution to convert any DVD(include copy protected DVD) to a wide range of mainstream video and audio formats such as AVI, MP4, VOB, MKV, MPEG, MOV, FLV, WMV, 3GP, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, M4A, etc. And new media formats are keeping added and supported. It takes about 50 minutes to rip a 120 minutes' DVD to AVI with 0-Quality-Loss and much less time to MPG.