MKV is a new video container format, while WMV is a common and old video format, it seems like that there is no
reason for us to transfer MKV to WMV, but each video format has each advantages and features, sometimes we need to convert MKV to WMV, here I will list some situation that we need do this task.
1. When you feel your MKV file is large and you need to get a smaller video format, sometimes we need small
video files to do something related like previewing the video or transferring the video to our friends easily. At
this time, your MKV file seems to be too large to do this task.
2. MKV may be harmful to your hard disk, especially for old system computer or other old digital devices, I have seen a lot of complains in the related forums.
3. As a new container video format, MKV sometimes can not be compatible with some old digital devices like old
system computer, this is also one of the reasons why we transfer MKV to WMV.
After knowing why we transfer MKV to WMV, now it is time for us to know how to choose a good MKV to WMV converter to convert MKV to WMV. Here I will give you some advice when you have decided to choose one.
1. Converting function: Converting function contains converting speed and converting quality, you should choose those ones that has excellent converting functions. 2. Safe or not: It is very important when choosing a video converter; it is not worth for you if your devices are attacked by the virus or other unsafe factors. 3. Easy or not: Choose the one which will not cost you too much time to learn how to use it. 4. Price: Don't spend a lot of money to buy a bad related video converter. You should choose the one that has powerful converting functions but with lower price.
These are the main factors you should concern about when choosing a MKV to WMV converter.
When you have found a good related video converter, I think it will be not difficult for you to finish the converting process, here I just list ;some basic processes below:
1. Download a MKV to WMV converter and learn how to use it > 2. Add your MKV files > 3. Choose WMV as the output video format > 4. Set the parameters of the video that you want to get > 5. Click Start to convert! > 6. Finish converting and enjoy your converted WMV video
Here I recommend you a good video converter - HD Video Converter Factory Pro, it is an all in one video converter that can support nearly all video formats besides MKV and WMV, it is powerful, safe and easy to use, and you can transfer MKV to WMV in a single step! With HD Video Converter Factory Pro, how to transfer MKV to WMV will be not a problem!Screenshot of HD Video Converter
HD Video Converter Factory Pro is an all in one video converterting software. This HD Video Converter builds in 150+ video formats, it can convert nearly all popular videos besides the SD video and HD video.
So, it cannot only help you solve how to convert MP4 to MKV, but also it can help you solve nearly all video conversion problems. For example, if you want to convert SD video to HD video, HD Video Converter Factory Pro will help you do it easily. And, if you want to convert videos from your Camcorders or DV like Sony HD camcorder, Cannon HD Camcorder or some other camcorders, this HD video converter will also help you convert them to your desire video formats without quality loss while in a high converting speed (Featured as Camcorder video converter), for example, it can help you convert MTS video, convert video taken from your DV (Featured as a DV file converter), etc. What's better, with its built-in 150+ video formats, you can convert virtually any video to a wide range of video formats, audio formats and popular digital devices with optimized presets.
If you are a video lover and would like enjoy videos without format limitation, HD Video Converter Factory Pro is one of your best choices.